Saturday 5 April 2008

Let us get reading

I have to confess that I am totally fascinated by the substance use field. Given that I also love reading and purchasing books (when I can afford them), I spend many enjoyable hours reading about drugs and alcohol. Not that everything I read in this field makes for pleasant reading. 
So I thought I would share with you some of my favourite reads, something that I have been doing in 'Drink and Drugs News'. And no, I have not cut a special deal with the authors or publishers.
The books to be chosen will be selected for a number of reasons - some because of the practical advice, others because they have pulled at my heart strings, and still others because they are just so interesting and thought-provoking.
There will be no specific order. I will select books as they come to mind, or as I stare at my well-stacked bookshelves.

1 comment:

new book said...

The book you SHOULD be reading is "Swish: Maria in the Mourning," the non-fiction literary narrative which chronicles a mother's process of mourning after losing her only child, the beautiful and charismatic Maria to a heroin overdose at 23. 33 five-star reviews on Amazon and B&N combined.
Outskirts Press. Pamela Palmer Mutino. The most powerful addiction memoir ever.